Providence Health & Services Maintenance Engineer in Walla Walla, Washington
Providence is calling a Engineer ( Plant Maintenance , Night Shift, 1.0 FTE) to St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments and Compliance Integrity Program and any other organization or departmental materials related to compliance with laws, regulatory requirements.
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to Medicare and Medicaid regulations which directly or indirectly relate to the performance and job expectations.
• Employee demonstrates knowledge of PSMMC’s policy on Patients Rights and Responsibilities and respects these rights and responsibilities in carrying-out daily activities.
• Actively participates in departmental and organization performance improvement activities in accordance with hospital and joint commission standards.
• Demonstrates leadership by performing his/her work in a manner that meets or exceeds the level of care and service that PSMMC promotes to the communities we serve.
• Participates in hospital and department specific practices to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
• Maintains the security and confidentiality of data and information used in performance of his/her daily duties conforming to hospital policy, laws and regulations as appropriate.
• Follows established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection.
• Maintains positive working relationships and fosters a cooperative work environment.
Communicates clearly and appropriately using age specific standards with patients and families of patients.
• Communicates in a professional and appropriate manner when interacting with colleagues, supervisors, peers, physicians, etc. Friendly, positive customer relations required.
• Provides clear, concise, pertinent reports/information.
• Adheres to safety precautions including hazardous wastes and proper sharps disposal.
• Preventive maintenance of HVAC, refrigeration, beds, ice machines, dishwashers, call cords and electrical equipment in a safe and timely manner, with regard to all applicable codes.
• Operates and maintains boilers, pumps, fans, engines, heat exchangers, cooling towers, deaerators, chemical feed and test instruments, and performs other engineer duties in a willing efficient, professional manner.
• Tests, repairs steam systems, medical gas systems, patient beds and various patient care equipment. Tests, repairs, electrical circuits and replace defective parts in a safe, efficient manner.
• Troubleshoots, disassembles, tests, and reassembles equipment replacing or repairing all faulty mechanical or electrical parts.
• Uses computers systems to include Facilities Management, Alerton Controls Bacnet Digital Management System, Simplex, Fire Control and Alarm System, computerized preventative maintenance system and EVAC fire control system. Has ability and knowledge to operate and maintain these systems.
• Insures interim life safety measures/dust control policy is followed on all projects.
• Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures
• JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
• Continually monitors systems and processes for performance improvement.
• Continues education on and off the job to keep abreast of technology and building equipment, changes or retrofits.
• HUMAN RESOURCES:
• Employee completes all tasks and duties accurately and timely within assigned shift. Demonstrates initiative to perform job duties autonomously.
• Attends mandatory and other education offerings per department and hospital requirements. May assist with education on the unit.
Required qualifications for this position include:
High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED).
Completion of PSMMC Engineering Qualification Program.
Every two years, a background check and Motor Vehicle Report will be completed.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- HVAC experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Facilities Management
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 241558