Providence Health & Services Medical Assistant Certified - Specialty Float in Walla Walla, Washington
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant (MA) Certified (Float Staff, Day Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments and Compliance Integrity Program and any other organization or departmental materials related to compliance with laws, regulatory requirements.
• Consistently demonstrates adherence to Medicare and Medicaid regulations which directly or indirectly relate to the performance and job expectations.
• Employee demonstrates knowledge of PSMMC/PMG’s policy on Patients Rights and Responsibilities and respects these rights and responsibilities in carrying-out daily activities.
• Actively participates in departmental and organization performance improvement activities.
• Demonstrates leadership by performing his/her work in a manner that meets or exceeds the level of care and service that PSMMC/PMG promotes to the communities we serve.
• Participates in organization and department specific practices to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
• Maintains the security and confidentiality of data and information used in performance of his/her daily duties conforming to organization policy, laws and regulations as appropriate.
• Maintains positive working relationships and fosters a cooperative work environment.
• Communicates effectively with patients, Providers and staff in a professional manner.
• Provides clear, concise, pertinent reports/information.
• Contributes to the assessment of the patient by collecting information for and analysis by a Provider.
• Completes accurate vital signs. Completes delegated patient care activities and documents variations.
• Obtains and documents height and weight.
• Recognizes and verbally reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect for all ages of patients served.
• Collects specimens as instructed and labels appropriately.
• Provides for safety needs of patients.
• Maintains the medical records according to institutional guidelines, ensuring that all required documents and results are posted properly and timely in the patient’s record.
• Demonstrates ability to navigate and successfully utilize Epic.
• Documents patient care accurately, effectively and timely in Epic.
• Assists the provider(s) in invasive and noninvasive procedures according to established procedure (i.e. suturing, aspiration, lavages, excisions, cast application, removal and repair, etc.).
• May be requested to do diagnostic and/or supportive procedures, including but not limited to: injections, drug administration per certification, venipunctures, minor lab procedures, minor dressing changes, EKGs, Pulmonary Function Testing, telephone messages, instrument cleaning, pend prescription refills, etc. according to established procedures.
• Provides information to families in a positive and courteous manner.
• Reports abnormal data element findings to Provider (including vital signs).
• Performs clerical duties related to chart prep. May also include pending referrals and Rx refills.
• Reports and documents any unusual patient or administrative occurrence that may have an effect on the patient’s and/or staff’s wellbeing to supervisor.
• Willing to assist and accept assistance from appropriate team and staff members.
• Participates in quality improvement activities.
• Handles conflicts and concerns. Seeks resolution in a timely and professional manner.
• Works effectively as part of the department/unit team to facilitate department’s ability to meet goals and objectives.
• Performs quality control monitoring for waived tests.
• Ensures effective use of time; organizes and prioritizes care for optimal time management.
• Ensures effective use of supplies/equipment. Minimizes supply wastages. Charges appropriately for supplies used.
• Ensures effective use of Facilities – promptly reports facility maintenance issues to appropriate personnel.
• Welcomes and encourages new staff members and students.
• Reports and documents critical incidents when necessary.
• Adheres to safety precautions including hazardous wastes and proper sharps disposal.
• Reports critical values appropriately to RN or Provider.
• Communicates information to appropriate person(s) accurately and timely.
• Utilizes computer technology as required by department.
• JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
• Completes preceptor evaluation as assigned.
• Attends unit staff meetings.
• Safely assists patient to exam room.
• Hands out requested pamphlets as directed by RN or Provider.
• Accepts objective suggestions for improved performance.
Serves as a member and participates in committee assignments for department as assigned.
• Demonstrates self-motivation by independently following through with assigned committee activities.
• HUMAN RESOURCES:
• Employee completes all tasks and duties accurately and timely within assigned shift. Demonstrates initiative to perform job duties autonomously.
• Attends mandatory and other education offerings per department and hospital requirements. May assist with education on the unit.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Graduate of an accredited and certified Medical Assistant program
Meet minimum requirements for the WA State Medical Assistant - Certified Licensure
Current licensure in the State of Washington for Medical Assistant certification
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) – Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
National Certification through one of the following: AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, AMCA
Previous experience in a physician office setting
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is the largest medical group in Walla Walla, serving greater Walla Walla in southeast Washington state. Our internists, family practitioners, specialists and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 244207